Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crafting At The Round Table

CRAFTING AT THE ROUND TABLE

I have some really wonderful friends and family, but as an introduction for my blog and other related posts, I have to mention three great women. And yes, we craft at the round table.


It's just the four of us.  Janie, Jill, my mom Paula, and I.  We decided over a year ago that we'd like to meet Wednesday nights and make crafts (okay sometimes it turns into waxing facial hair, sampling homemade brandy, or taking like what we like to call "Craft Night Field Trips").  The best part?  The friendship, the talking, the laughing.  We all live within one square mile of each other, and over the course of the year we've become even closer. 


But seriously though, we do make crafts of all sorts and like to sell them at various craft shows. We often have a theme - we all like primitive and/or country type and upcycling crafts, but we don't abide by a strict set of rules.  My mom is amazing at making homemade all natural soap, and can come up with some of the most creative ideas when it comes to upcycling denim.  Jill is a library of ideas and I know I can always pick her brain when I am standing at the craft store staring at supplies with a dull, blank look.  Janie is absolutely talented when it comes to painting.  None of these girls would admit how talented they are, and I know I could go on and on (hence the blog thank goodness or this would be a neverending post) about ideas and crafts and events we'll be selling our crafts at.


So it's our friendship and crafting at the round table right in New Springfield, Ohio  I look forward to every Wednesday night.  I feel so fortunate to know such great people, and it's really a great time.  I wish everyone could get into something like this!



No comments:

Post a Comment